Tim Gruffydd-Jones qualified from the Royal Veterinary College in 1972 and spent eighteen months in practice before joining the University of Bristol Veterinary School. In 1999 he was appointed to a chair in Feline Medicine at the University and is head of the Feline Centre.
Most of his career has been devoted to feline medicine. He has had many interests in feline medicine, including infectious disease, gastrointestinal disorders and endocrine disorders. Recent particular interests include shelter medicine and feline epidemiology.
He was awarded his PhD in 1982, is a diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Companion Animals) and is an RCVS registered specialist in feline medicine. He has been Chairman of the FAB and was a founder member of ESFM.
My list of 10 selected publications
- Unexplained outbreaks of a novel acute haemorrhagic vomiting syndrome in cats; Radford A. D.; Jones P. H.; Gruffydd-Jones Tim;Heistand K.;Reilly C. VETERINARY RECORD Volume: 169 Issue: 5 1136 2011.
- Immunohistochemical Characterization of Oral Mucosal Lesions in Cats with Chronic Gingivostomatitis; Harley R.; Gruffydd-Jones T. J.; Day M. J. JOURNAL OF COMPARATIVE PATHOLOGY Volume: 144 Issue: 4 Pages: 239-250 2011.
- Detection of feline haemoplasma species in experimental infections by in-situ hybridisation; Peters I. R.; Helps C. R.; Willi Barbara; Hoffmann-Lehmann R.;Gruffydd-Jones T.J.;Day M.J.;Tasker S. MICROBIAL PATHOGENESIS Volume: 50 Issue: 2 Pages: 94-99 2011.
- Investigation of human haemotropic Mycoplasma infections using a novel generic haemoplasma qPCR assay on blood samples and blood smears; Tasker S.; Peters I. R.; Mumford A., D.; Day M.J.;Gruffydd-JonesT.J.;Day S.;Pretorius A.M.;Birtles R.J.;Helps C.R.;Neimark.K. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY Volume: 59 Issue: 11 Pages: 1285-1292 2010.
- Antigen Specificity of the Humoral Immune Response to Mycoplasma haemofelis Infection; Peters I., R.; Helps C. R.; Gruffydd-Jones Timothy J.; Day M.J.;Tasker S. CLINICAL AND VACCINE IMMUNOLOGY Volume: 17 Issue: 8 Pages: 1238-1243 2010.
- Measurement of IL-12 (p40, p35), IL-23p19 and IFN-gamma mRNA in duodenal biopsies of cats with IBD and healthy controls using quantitative reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (qrtPCR); Waly N. E.; Biourge V.; Peters I. R.; Day M.J.; Stokes C.R.; Bailey M.; Gruffydd-Jones T.J. JOURNAL OF VETERINARY INTERNAL MEDICINE Volume: 24 Issue: 3 Pages: 725-726 2010.
- Number and ownership profiles of cats and dogs in the UK; Murray J. K.; Browne W. J.; Roberts M. A.; Whitmarsh A.; Gruffydd-Jones T.J. VETERINARY RECORD Volume: 166 Issue: 6 Pages: 163-168 2010.
- Distribution of Mycoplasma haemofelis in blood and tissues following experimental infection; Tasker S.; Peters I. R.; Day M.J.; Willi B.; Hoffmann-Lehmann R.; Gruffydd-Jones T.J.’ Helps C.R. MICROBIAL PATHOGENESIS Volume: 47 Issue: 6 Pages: 334-340 2009.
- Evaluation of the repeatability of ultrasound scanning for detection of feline polycystic kidney disease; Wills S. J.; Barrett E. L.; Barr F.J.; Bradley K.; Helps C.R.; Cannon M.J.; Gruffydd-Jones T.J. JOURNAL OF FELINE MEDICINE AND SURGERY Volume: 11 Issue: 12 Pages: 993-996 2009.
- Description of outcomes of experimental infection with feline haemoplasmas: Copy numbers, haematology, Coombs’ testing and blood glucose concentrations; Tasker S.; Peters I. R.; Papasouliotis K.; Cue S.M.; Willi B.; Hoffmann-Lehmann R.; Gruffydd-Jones T.J.; Knowles T.G.; Day M.J.; Helps C.R. VETERINARY MICROBIOLOGY Volume: 139 Issue: 3-4 Pages: 323-332 2009.