Katrin Hartmann qualified from the College of Veterinary Medicine of the Ludwig Maximilian University Munich in 1987. She obtained her Dr. med. vet. in small animal internal medicine in 1990.From 1988 to 1996, she was resident and clinical instructor at the Department of Small Animal Medicine at the University of Munich and from 1996 to 2001 she was assistant professor at the same department.
She became Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine - Companion Animals in 1999 and holds the German title of Fachtierarzt (specialised veterinarian) in both internal medicine and clinical pathology. From 2001 to 2003, she worked as associate professor of internal medicine at the Small Animal Department at the College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia (USA). In 2003, she returned to Munich where she still works today as a full professor and chair of the Clinic of Small Animal Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University Munich. In 2009, she additionally was also appointed department head of the Center for Clinical Veterinary Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University Munich.
- Fischer Y, Ritz S, Weber K, Sauter-Louis C, Hartmann K. Randomized, placebo controlled study of the effect of propentofylline on survival time and quality of life of cats with feline infectious peritonitis. J Vet Intern Med 2011; 25: 1270-6.
- Hartmann K. Clinical aspects of feline immunodeficiency and feline leukemia virus infection. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 2011; 143: 190-201.
- Kruse BD, Unterer S, Horlacher K, Sauter-Louis C, Hartmann K. Prognostic factors in cats with feline panleukopenia. J Vet Intern Med 2010; 24: 1271-6.
- Stützer B, Müller F, Majzoub M, Lutz H, Greene CE, Hermanns W, Hartmann K. Role of latent feline leukemia virus infection in nonregenerative cytopenias of cats. J Vet Intern Med 2010; 24: 192-7.
- Gleich S, Hartmann K. Hematology and serum biochemistry of feline immunodeficiency virus-infected and feline leukemia virus-infected cats. J Vet Intern Med 2009; 23: 552-8.
- Marschall J, Schulz B, Hartmann K. Evaluation of a point-of-care influenza antigen test for the detection of highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 virus in cats. Transbound Emerg Dis 2008; 55: 315-7.
- Hartmann K, Ritz S. Treatment of cats with feline infectious peritonitis. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 2008; 123: 172-5.
- Hartmann AD, Helps CR, Lappin MR, Werckenthin C, Hartmann K. Efficacy of pradofloxacin in cats with feline upper respiratory tract disease due to Chlamydophila felis or Mycoplasma Infections. J Vet Intern Med 2008; 22: 44-52.
- Ritz SJ, Egberink H, Hartmann K. Influence of feline Interferon-omega on the survival time and quality of live of cats with feline infectious peritonitis. J Vet Intern Med 2007; 21: 1193-7.
- Hartmann K, Griessmayr P, Schulz B, Greene CE, Vidyashankar AN, Jarrett O, Egberink HF. Quality of different in-clinic test systems for feline immunodeficiency virus and feline leukaemia virus infection. J Feline Med Surg. 2007; 9:439-45.
Corine Boucraut- Baralon
Marian C. Horzinek
Maria Grazia Pennisi